Looking for a new challenge?
Vantage are a leading provider of Business and Risk Management to the Charity and NFP market, and also Case Management to Community Safety Partnerships (CSP’s) in the UK.
We are seeking an additional individual to join the Vantage Development Team, an outline of the Job Description and Skills are noted below.
The overall purpose of this role is to develop and support the software required to deliver a fast and reliable Vantage.net product to clients.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Software Development to ensure that the Vantage.net product is being developed in line with both future market requirements and the requirements of the board in order to meet a changing market and customer needs.
• Design and develop effective and clean code solutions to specification
• Contribute to the discussion and specification of functionality
• Agree estimates with Head of Development and Product Lead, maintain those estimates, and communicate any significant changes in a timely fashion
• Create User Interfaces, where appropriate, which are effective, perform well, and are appealing to use
• Identify causes of bugs and propose and deliver efficient fixes
• Update release notes and the work tracking system
• Work to agreed quality assurance processes
• Help and support colleagues
• Maintain effective working relationships with all relevant colleagues
• Identify ways of improving what we do.
• Development, testing and release processes are completed within agreed and maintained estimates
• Developed code meets specification, works efficiently, and is unit-tested
• User Interfaces are attractive and easy to use
• Use of OOP/DRY techniques as appropriate, to create readable, reusable code
• Effective use of language features such as indexing and caching in order to maintain performance and stability of product
• Appropriate use of the version control system (Git)
• Head of Development signs off work after peer review.
To apply for this position, please contact us by email at, email@example.com